There's Only One Lily
Lily turned five almost a week ago & I am just now finding time to post about it. She had a little party with her friends on Monday, then on Wednesday, sandwiched in between days of someone being sick at our house, she had her birthday.
The past five years with Lily have been nothing but fun. She is an extremely creative, helpful, funny, smart, & sweet little girl. For her birthday this year, she asked for her own cleaning supplies. Did I mention she is a gem? If ever Lily disappears for a few minutes, I know she is either at the craft table creating something, or she is somewhere cleaning something. From this description, you may think she's a little Domestic Diva in training, but let me assure you, she has announced for some time now that she plans to become a doctor when she grows up. She reminds me of this every time we drive by our pediatrician's office as she announces "There's where I'm going to work when I grow up!" She has informed me that she does not want to get married OR have children when she grows up. I don't take offense to this. I remember saying the same thing. As a matter of fact, the last time I said it, Dave told me to snap out of it & get busy making dinner. (Just kidding :) ).
I consider it a personal favor from the Lord that He chose me to be Lily's mother. In fact, I feel the same about all my children. But, there really is only one Lily. And now she's five.




1 comment:
Pack little Miss Lily up along with her cleaning supplies and send her down here to Aunt Amy's house! =] I can't believe she's five! We love her.
Post a Comment