GRANT'S BIRTHDAY!
Grant turned 11 on Friday (Ahhh!) and it was perfect timing for the Harlem Globetrotters to be in town. So, we took Grant & a few of his close friends to the game for an unforgettable night. We were invited to go early to a pre-game session with a few of the players to hear about the history of the team & take pictures, etc. Grammy & Papa came as well to be with Grant. The game was a lot of fun! When it was over, all the boys were able to go down to the court to get their basketballs signed by all the players. Grant demonstrated his unique ability to squeeze through a huge crowd & make his way to each player in record time. Papa & Grammy & Denise & I watched in amazement from the stands where we could see his red striped shirt darting through the masses. When it was all over, we had a little "tailgate birthday party" back at the truck. Grant is still talking about it all, so I guess we succeeded in making it a memorable occasion.
I'm posting some of the best pictures. Dave & I are still learning this camera, so some are not as focused as others!






2 comments:
Julie, I did not realize that Grant and Ashley had the same birthday. I had no idea. Ashley turned 6 on Friday. Grant is such a handsome young man and has such a friendly smile. It appears that you and Dave are doing a great job. Keep it up. Keep warm. Love ya.
I love that pic of Grant and Dad and Mom. It's a good one! Mom told me about him darting through the crowds. HA He's just like Dave. Did he get my check and Maggie's picture?
Post a Comment