Thursday, January 10, 2008

I've Lost That Lovin' Feelin'

No, this post is not about Dave & me :) .  It's about my house & me.  I was just noticing about myself that this is the first January in forever that I don't have the urge to revamp, redecorate, reorganize, or just redo something in the house.  I haven't bought new accessories for the house in months.  The baseboards seem to be begging me for a new coat of paint, and the master bathroom walls are wondering why I haven't made good on my promise to paint them as well.  So, why do I procrastinate?

I'm dreaming of a new love.  It sits here on my desk, promising to deliver abundant opportunities to decorate, organize, & accessorize to my heart's content.  It's my new & improved house, begging me to start building it.  But, lo, I am forced to wait. Wait for permits & engineers & surveys & such.  The agony!  

And yet, I do feel guilty for my discontentment.  My house has been so good to me here.  I recall how it supported me as I changed the paint color in the family room 4 times --in one weekend.  (And yes, Dave supported me, too, though I think he wanted to shoot me.)  It has stood strong, giving us very little to repair thru the years.  It has kept its dignity, never giving in to the pressure of having crazy skeletons & ghosts outside at Halloween or inflatables in the front yard at Christmastime.  For this I will be eternally grateful.  So, I think, for the debt I owe to my love at 8560, I will vow to find an owner worthy of its charm.  And when I find that person, whomever she may be, I will gladly suggest a paint color for the bathroom that will work beautifully. :) 

6 comments:

dcross said...

I'm very disappointed in you...lol It wasn't too long ago I remember someone running around our house making sure the lampshades were all straight and heaven forbid if the blinds in the van werent all opened together. Now you've just thrown in the towel. I guess 4 kids will do that haha

Amy said...

I wasn't going to mention the mini blinds in the van, but what about the towels in the bathroom?? "Who's been in my bathroom??" You've come a LONG way. Should we thank Dave or the kids? haha I'd like my guest room to be a nice relaxing color, please, and the pillows extra fluffed.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

It sounds as though this "house" is the perfect child running around in dirty play clothes. Best wishes as you guys search for a buyer. Take care and Happy New Year!

Anonymous said...

Hey,
I'm still all about moving to the Knoxville area so if Dave has a job offer then we could buy the house ;-) however, under the condition that you not only suggest the color of paint, but help me decorate as well - i would love that. anyhow, let us know if a job becomes available - and maybe we could be the buyers of your good home :-)

Stephanie Fowler said...

You have a way with putting things into words. It sounds like it is time to move on. You can't live there if the love is gone!